It is officially 1 week into 2012 and for the moment… I AM CAUGHT UP ON ALL THE LAUNDRY!!!
Yes, finally! We went on a week vacation and the laundry got a bit out of control. So I thought I would like to take the free five minutes or so I have and post some of my goals for this year.
- Read the Bible. This was a huge blessing to my life in 2011 and I am really looking forward to doing it again in 2012.
- Memorize the 23rd Psalm with my kids. I remember memorizing this chapter as a kid with my grandma when I was on a road trip. I would like to say recite a little of it each night with my children so that by the end of the year they know it all. Then we could learn other verses together.
- Be early or at least on time. This is a hard one! With 4 kids it takes a while to get everyone dressed and ready to go out the door to go anywhere. I have struggled over the years trying to pull it all together and I have not figured out how to get the timing right. Obviously I need to leave earlier which means getting everyone ready earlier.
- Plan a weekly menu for my family. I started doing this a few weeks ago and it had really helped from an organizational standpoint. I have intended to do this for years but for a number of reasons never got around to it. I am using my new menu board I made. This will help in my grocery shopping and we will save money by not eating out as much.
- Save Money. This includes less eating out, less shopping online or in stores.
- Keep the house clean(er.) We have 4 kids ages 7 and under. Obviously our house is not going to be spotless all the time or even most of the time. I would like to get a better system of what days I clean bathrooms, bedrooms, wash sheets, dust. Most days the laundry seems like a full-time job and the kitchen is constantly in use.
- Not get injured! It’s been 9 months since my stress fracture and I am going to try my hardest to stay healthy in 2012. I want to run smart and train smart. I need to continue to stretch and ice as needed.
- Keep up the CORE challenge. I haven’t talked much about this but it has been over 3 months now and I am still going strong on the CORE challenge. That’s right, I have been doing push-ups and sit-ups EVERYDAY. I have had many nights when I’ve just wanted to go to bed but I can’t go to bed without doing this little workout. It only takes 10 minutes and since I have a streak going I can’t seem to break it.
Running– I have specific time goals I would like to break this year. I may not accomplish them right off the bat but I am sure going to give it all I have!
- 5K- Break 20 minutes. I have done this before but it’s been too long (2009). I’m ready to get back to the 19’s!
- 10K– Break 41 minutes. My current PR is 41:42.
- Half Marathon- First, I would like to break 1:31:30. Basically I want to run under a 7 minute pace per mile. Then I would like to break 1:30 all together. My current PR is 1:32:37.
- Marathon- Run sub 3:20. I am planning on running 3 marathons in 2012 so this gives me three chances to do this.
- Run a race every month! Whether it’s a 5K or a marathon, I would like to run at least one race every month this year. (Of course if I get injured I know this will no longer be a goal!)
It’s going to be a great year!! My friend sent me this picture today. It’s the two of us exactly one year ago at church just days before we each delivered.
|Tia & Brittney- January 2011 (Just a few days before we had our baby boys!)|
When I saw this picture several thoughts came to mind. First- WOW. I was HUMONGOUS! Second, it seemed like this picture was taken years ago. So much has happened since this day. But then in another way, it seems like it was just a few days ago. I remember exactly what I was feeling. The excitement and the anticipation of having a new baby. Knowing that once again my life was about to change forever. What a year it has been. Thank you, God for all you have taught me in 2011 and for bringing me to the place I am today. I am looking forward to what 2012 has in store and I pray that I will rely on God to help me every step of the way!